Designed by Believe Happenings
If your friend’s or cousin’s wedding happens to be in this cashless winter wedding season and you are worried about how to gift him/her, then fret not. We share the list of cashless gifts that you can present to your dear ones, this wedding season, to make their day all the more special…
Selecting the ideal wedding gift for the newly wedded couple in itself is a challenge. At the same time, it requires the exchange of cash which can be a great cause of worry in the times of demonetisation. Not anymore! Here are some cashless gifting ideas that can work perfectly in the times of cash crunch…
- Give digital shaguns: Money as shagun in a fancy envelope is a passé. In the age of demonetisation and digitisation, opt for online wallets. You can buy these online from Paytm’s or Snapdeal’s gift card store and get them delivered instantly as an e-mail to the receiver.
- Present experience as a gift: You can gift something as interesting and exciting as a spa treatment, saloon appointment, gym membership, lavish buffet lunch, candle light dinner or romantic dinner at a 3-star hotel or a classy restaurant or night-out at an exotic hotel etc., to your dear ones in their wedding. The experience of such gifts will definitely bring a smile on their faces and they will remember you forever for such a unique gift. These bookings can be done online via debit/credit card, net-banking and digital wallets which would save your cash.
- Gift honeymoon packages: It is another great gifting option. You can give the couple, honeymoon package in the form of flight tickets, hotel bookings etc. The cost of the package can vary depending on your willingness to spend on the gift. The payment for the same can be done online.
- Opt for gift vouchers: They are yet another way to make gifting an easy yet good option during the times of demonetisation. You can give away gift vouchers of any amount for a specific brand or retail outlet. It can be a gift voucher of a homeware and furnishing shop, jewellery shop etc., or even a travel gift voucher to exotic locations. These vouchers can be purchased with your debit card easily.
- Gift vouchers for books/magazines: If the ones to get married are lovers of books, then you can definitely gift them vouchers for novels/books. You can even present them online subscription of novels or magazines. This can be a really thoughtful gift where you can take the advantage of paying online.
- Look for online wedding gift registry of the couple, if any: It is a growing concept which has triggered well in the times of demonetisation. As a part of this concept, the couple-to-be-married create their wedding gift checklist online. It is then shared with the registered guests over e-mail. If your friends have also created their wedding gift checklist online, you can buy any of those listed items online. Thus, through this way, you can actually gift things that your friends needs rather than giving them cash.
So, let this wedding season be more exciting by adding these new ways of cashless gifting to your list and making the day memorable for your dear ones.
Avani Jain Godavat