Planning to get married in 2017? We bring to fore the trousseau trends that would help you to don your best look in your wedding in the New Year 2017…
The New Year 2017 will see some major designs, patterns and fabrics grabbing the attention. Well, we throw light on hot trends in wedding trousseau for 2017…
- Fusion attire would be very much in vogue. In that too, cuts and drapes would be given more importance than the typical kinds of embroideries. Further, instead of one heavy lehenga or sari, sari-gown would steal the show.
- Old weaves like Dhakai from Kolkata, Kanjeevaran from Kanchipuram, Kalamkari from Andhra Pradesh, Patolas, Chanderi, Bandhej or Bandhani and Chinar Buti block prints from Sanganer etc., would definitely make a comeback.
- Vintage trousseau will rule 2017 too. Corset gowns with a different drape in a traditional fabric to give it an Indian touch instead of choosing a lehenga, choli or sari will be very much in demand.
- Bridal wedding gowns will also gain popularity. The uniqueness of the cuts, stunning innovative patterns, embroiders and exquisite embellishments will make these unconventional wedding dresses truly sensational and one-of-a-kind.
- Jackets and body suits with appliqué work on lehengas for a more sophisticated look would be a popular trend too in the coming year. In fact, blended silhouettes would steal the show in 2017.
- Full sleeves blouses, heavy lehengas and metallic details will make way for the nouveau bride.
- Classic saris in varied weaves known to create a timeless appeal will also be very much in trend.
- The winter collection, this year, would see royal, navy, indigo and midnight blue colours. Particularly, midnight blue palette would be very popular. High-waisted lehengas, sheer hems, crop cholis and floral embroiders in this colour would be one of the most covetable styles in 2017.
- Apart from the usual pinks and reds, colours such as deep maroon, blue, black, plum, gold and copper will be popular this season.
- Clothes in monotone with a subtle impact in muted tones, from beige to blush, will also make way for the wedding.
For the grooms
- Alluring traditional weaves and embroidered details will set the mood in a dreamy palette of lavish colours and opulent onyx in the coming year.
- Banarsi brocades, Khinkhawbs, subtle herringbone weaves in silk along with the touch of antique gold and velvet cording would be trending in 2017.
- Dhoti pants, skinny trousers, Palazzos, slouchy bottoms and breeches would also be very popular.
- Hand-embroidered sherwanis in rich fabric like raw silk with subtle detailing and accessorising it with an elegant brooch will steal your fiancé’s heart. The curvilinear floral weave as well as the small geometric buti wovens would be most popular for the wedding day.
- Tuxedo would also be very much in vogue in 2017.
- For the indo-western look, Aligarhis, breeches, chudidars, peshawaris, patialas, narrow-bottom slim fit pants would be preferred. For tops, it would be variation of kurtas, bandhgalas/jodhpuris. Sleeveless bandhgala jackets, long coats, short kurtas, open bandhgala jackets and sherwani variations with endless types of surface ornamentation and cuts would also be trending in the coming year.
- Colours like beige along with tangerine and mulberry purple would make heads turn. Even white, red and copper gold would be given more importance.
Overall, there will be many styles in the market in 2017, but you need to choose an outfit that complements your body type and personality, as correct fit and self-confidence will keep you buoyant and comfortable. So, you need to take charge, wear your identity and flaunt your personality even on your wedding day. Your wedding planners can guide you through this too. Along with planning your whole wedding, they can also identify the best of the trousseau for you that suit your personality and theme.
Avani Jain Godavat