Picture courtesy Star Photoworks
Did you also panic when the news of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes being replaced with new ones broke in? With your wedding planned in this season and you sticking to the date as decided, did you also think that your wedding shopping, planning and management would suffer due to the cash crunch? Well, fret not!
In this cash crisis of 2016, here are some effective tips and solutions to help you plan a ‘cashless’ wedding:
- Shop online for your wedding: Until recently, people refrained themselves from buying very expensive wedding-related stuff online due to perceived limited choices, lack of physical touch and fear of cyber theft. However, in the cashless times, buying apparels, accessories and jewellery online can be very beneficial as you can get an access to a wide variety of products at competitive prices. There are many online shopping platforms which are offering great discounts and sale on wedding related stuff. In fact, Snapdeal has launched a curated wedding store stacking everything from traditional wedding apparel to intricately designed footwear and accessories to help you splurge this wedding season. Apart from this, it has also launched a specially curated honeymoon collection at its store.
- Opt for a digital invite: This wedding season, instead of going for designer wedding invitations which can burn holes in your pocket, opt for e-invites and not only go cashless but save some paper, time and money too.
- Fix cashless conveyance for your guests: No need to pay cash for the wedding-related travel requirements too as you can book a taxi online and pay for it in no time using your credit/debit card. To help you, the ride-sharing app—Uber has launched its new service UberWeddings (in 12 cities) for free rides for wedding guests.
- Give fancy shagun envelopes a break, opt for digital shaguns: This year, instead of giving cash as shagun during various ceremonies, opt for online wallets. Many applications designed for Android and iOS handsets allow the user to generate a QR code that makes it easier to send across the shagun to the desired recipient. In fact, Paytm has come up with ‘Digital Shaguns’ that users can get delivered instantly as e-mail.
- Hire wedding planners: Well, if all the above is not enough, leave it on to your wedding planner. From mehendi artists to photographers, from venue partners to caterers, your wedding planners can manage all functions of wedding for you and crack the best deal from the vendors, so as to help you save rather than splurge.
So, ‘take a chill pill’ and don’t panic over those outdated currency notes as planning a cashless wedding is definitely not a daunting task.
Avani Jain Godavat